Old September 3rd 03, 03:44 PM
Caveat Lector

Radio Shack thru the glass antennas used to gave a warning
"Some auto glass has passivated glass and the antenna will not function
properly" or something to that effect

Another is from Antenna FAQ's At URL:
http://www.altwireless.com/cellular-...ntennaFAQ.html

"passivated glass (glass impregnated with tiny metal particles that render
the glass incapable of coupling RF between the inside and outside couplers).
How can I tell if the glass on my vehicle is suitable for one of Larsen’s
on-glass antennas?
First, look near a corner of a window for words that mean "sun", relate to
sun, or refer to ultraviolet or other forms of radiation. If you find terms
like "Soft-Ray", "EZE-Cool", "Solar-Coat", "Solar-Cool" or similar terms,
your glass is probably passivated and won’t work with on-glass antennas. If
you want to be 100% certain, and you don’t find helpful words on the glass,
ask a 2-way or cellular shop technician to test your glass with a
capacitance meter"

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
"RalphMW" wrote in message
Hi,

I just traded in my very old 1985 Jeep Cherokee for a 1996 model. The

1996
model has tinted windows. I've always used a Larsen thru-the-glass

antenna for
mobile operations. Does the tint affect the antenna function? Is there

any
way around it? Thanks.

Ralph KB3JQJ
41 16N 75 50W