Old May 28th 05, 10:27 AM

In: , running dogg wrote:
Molecular nano superweapons? I see somebody stayed up too late reading
Michael Crichton's novel "Prey". The Chinese do not need molecular nano
superweapons. They have a post nuclear superweapon, and it's called
fascist capitalism. China has succeeded in getting most of the world's
manufacturing capacity moved to China, thus giving them enormous
leverage over the West. If the US threatens to come to Taiwan's aid, the
Chinese can cut off supplies of boomboxes and T shirts. Don't laugh.
Most everything that Americans buy, the things that drive American
consumerism (and thus the American economy) are made in China. Deng knew
that China couldn't beat the West militarily, so he set out to beat them
economically. And he and his successors have done that.

Yep, you can say that a few dozen times.. still, we continue to buy that
crap from China.

Since it is now impossible not to buy junk from China, I'm an advocate of
used stuff whenever possible.

Wish we could actually do something about it. It's obviously not sustainable.
How can a country exist when it imports everything?

The really sadd thing is that this stuff is made at the expense of chinese
workers.

China doesn't allow it's workers to unionize, consequently, they can't
really do anything about the problem.

We didn't outlaw slavery, we merely outsourced it.

I used to say years ago that the Western political establishment and
mainstream media are in a state of functional insanity, leading to the
suicide of the West.
For functionally insane, or abysmally ignorant and mentally retarded, like
the editor of Newsweek International, there will always be an occasion for
"optimism" until the Chinese dictators strike with post-nuclear weapons,
because they will know before they strike that they will win. Sun Zi said
it.

The Chinese have already struck with their post nuclear weapon, and
thanks to the boundless greed of Western CEOs they have won.

I could just see it, Homer simpson in an army jacket yelling 'Doh!' when
his Chinese made computers and other equipment fall apart leaving him bare
naked (Doh! Stupid chinese textile industry!)

Jamie
(rot13) User Management Solutions