Old December 8th 03, 07:02 PM
Chuck Harris

Hi David,

I have not seen that kind of regularity in the dozens of
6DJ8 tubes that I have tested.

I would bet it is a problem with *your* TV-7 tube tester.
I would suggest that you try testing some of the problematic
6DJ8 tubes on some other tester.

Barring that, you can manually connect a 6DJ8 to your
tube tester using clip-leads and short chunks of wire, and
test each individual section using the same setting on the
tester. (eg. use section 1 settings to test both section
1 and section 2.)

If you don't have another tester to check against, you
can always mail one of the offending tubes to me, and I will
check it for you.

-Chuck

David Stinson wrote:

I got a dozen used Bugle Boy 6DJ8s here.
On my TV-7, the same triode (first one) of the pair
within each tube tests low emission. The other one test fine.
This seems pretty suspicious...
The updates and corrections for the TV-7 don't deal with the 6DJ8.
Is this a common thing with the 6DJ8, or is my TV-7 to blame?
Thanks.