Old May 29th 05, 06:27 AM
Pete KE9OA

The 7030 has a low-pass image reject filter that cuts off just above 30MHz,
a low-pass filter that cuts off at 1.7MHz, and a high-pass filter that cuts
off at 1.7MHz, so MW bleedthrough shouldn't be a problem.
If there is enough interest, I will market a 7-band preselector. This will
consist of a low-pass filter for the range below 500kHz, with bandpass
filters for the ranges above 500kHz.
I will use PIN diodes for range changing. Interested parties can e-mail me
directly and we can go from there.

Pete

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd be tempted to agree with you if I hadn't compared the 7030+ with my
HF-150 this morning. The HF-150 was significantly less prone to
overload than the 7030+, and I can't believe it would be if the latter
were performing up to specs. I suspect the SD5400 mixer is damaged,
since that's known to produce this sort of problem. I'm also sort of
hoping it's a damaged SD5400 mixer, since that's a relatively easy
thing to fix.

Steve