Old December 9th 03, 07:50 PM
Ron

Default Help with Collins TCS refurb

Hi
I have an old Collins TCS Transmitter that I'm
in the process of getting back into a working
condition, everything is fine inside but the front
Panel paintwork has become unstable in as much
as over the years it has been badly stored and the
paintwork is flaking off quite badly probably due to
damp, at the moment it still has enough paint left to
look reasonable if I can sort of fix it as it is.
Or is it a complete rub down and respray job? has
anyone done this? I notice the lettering is raised
above the surface of the panel? would it be possible
to respray and then rub the new surface to retrive
the lettering? again anyone done this
thanks for any useful advise