Old December 11th 03, 05:10 PM
Mike Knudsen

Well, frankly I got a bigger kick out of reading your description text than
from the photos! What a riot! I never knew a liability disclaimer could be so
funny!

Now, you gotta give credit to the guy for his homebrew plate connectors. And
the plate choke is very nice, if homebrew.

Too bad he had to relocate the TUNE varicap. And a few other mind-changes.
Is the rectifier tube (only ONE?) really between the finals like that? So the
fan gets three at one blow :-)

Other thing to bear in mind -- having built this mess, and proven it on the
air, the builder could now build a really nice, neat, pretty version, re-using
the parts from the er, prototype. At least he'd get the TUNE cap right the
first time :-)

Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the regen VLF set I built back in high
school. And other things I've built with a nibbling tool. 73, Mike K. AA1UK

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.