Old May 30th 05, 06:21 PM
John Smith

Sounds right to me, the 50 ohm load of the ant is "reflected" back by a
1/2 wave line...

.... so, I am probably wrong... grin

Warmest regards,
John

wrote in message
ups.com...

Fred W4JLE wrote:
Assuming I have an antenna that is perfect on 3.8 MHz. Perfect being
defined, as I am feeding it with exactly 1/2 electrical wave length
of 50
Ohm feedline and it is 1:1 SWR measured at the source end.

What would the SWR be if I substituted the 50 Ohm feedline with a 1/2
wavelength of 72 Ohm feedline?

The head of the pin is now open for dancing...

Hi Fred, It would still be 1:1. Doesnt matter about the
characteristic
impedance of the transmission line as long as you use 1/2 electrical
wavelength.
Gary N4AST