Old May 30th 05, 07:11 PM
John Smith

"The head of the pin is now open for dancing..."

.... ahhh, missed this, so you now much choose:
1) I am going to use this for a practical application--so I really don't
care how it works (like time)--I simply need something which works and
functions on a equiv to a 1:1, frequency specific, voltage transformer.

2) I want to debate the physics of one-half wavelength lines.

.... since my basic motto/bmod (basic method of operation) is "whatever
works!" ... my choice is clear... grin

Warmest regards,
John
"Fred W4JLE" wrote in message
Assuming I have an antenna that is perfect on 3.8 MHz. Perfect being
defined, as I am feeding it with exactly 1/2 electrical wave length
of 50
Ohm feedline and it is 1:1 SWR measured at the source end.

What would the SWR be if I substituted the 50 Ohm feedline with a 1/2
wavelength of 72 Ohm feedline?

The head of the pin is now open for dancing...