Old December 12th 03, 03:54 PM
Scott Dorsey

Ed Price wrote:

Yeah, it IS crude looking.

I love the little details, like the big holes created by a chain of little
drill holes. And the fan delivers on two levels; first, the blade is
home-made, from a piece of sheet metal, and second, when the blade radius
wouldn't clear the chassis, a triangular hunk was whacked away for blade
clearance. Nice touch.

The fan is kind of scary.

But I have to admit that it's no worse than some of the equipment I built
in high school, and some of the construction techniques are very similar.
Including drilling lots of little holes when I had no Greenlee punch, and
using expanded metal from old oil filters for shielding. Admittedly, the
biggest thing I ever built at the time used a pair of 6L6es as finals, but
it was hot chassis which is even more alarming today.

But I am here and I _almost_ got a WAS with that rig, in spite of solder
joints that a plumber wouldn't have accepted.
--scott