Old May 31st 05, 05:55 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Leave it up to you to pull the rug out from under me...
If I have a transmitter that has 50 ohm out, and it is going to hook to
a 50 ohm cable (and I can't see how this coax is terminated) why would I
ever choose anything other than a 50 ohm calibrated swr meter to measure
it with?

Some of us want to know what the SWR on the feedline is.
That's how we calculate feedline losses. I get a kick out
of some ham saying, "I'm running a 66' dipole on 75m and
my SWR is 1.1:1." All that means is that the virtual
impedance at the tuner input is probably 45 ohms or 55
ohms. But what is the SWR at the output of the tuner
where it matters the most?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp