Old May 31st 05, 12:41 PM
dxAce

I just spoke with Richard Hillier of AOR UK. He confirmed that the 7030
should not be displaying any of the overload problems I'm encountering,
and he suspects that it is indeed the SD5400 mixer that's the problem.
He also noted something that should interest other 7030 owners out
the namely, that the SD5400 mixer is *very* static sensitive. In
fact, he suspects that mine was damaged when it got zapped at some
point....this is apparently the way it happens most of the time.So,
whenever your plugging in external speakers, headphones or anything
like that, be very careful!

Sounds like that AOR stuff is as plagued by problems as the ICOM's are...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm