Old June 1st 05, 01:47 AM
Bob Miller

On 31 May 2005 16:30:24 -0700, wrote:

Hi C.J. With the antennas that close, you could cause damage to the
cb rig. You should have the cb turned off when transmitting with the
ham rig, you will overload the front end and get garbage out of the
speaker.
Some cb rigs ground the antenna with the rig off, and if yours does
then you are OK as long as the cb is off. If your rig does not do this
then you need to add a switch or relay to ground the antenna when the
cb is off, or you are transmitting with the ham rig. As you stated,
you will need all the power you can get to have QSOs, but at what point
does this damage the cb, too many variables?
Gary N4AST

I'd also add, a 5 watt cb rig, at that close range, could damage the
706. I'd just shut each rig off while the other is transmitting.

By the way, curious, but what does Honda charge for a factory
installed cb setup?

bob
k5qwg