Old December 14th 03, 12:55 AM
Michael Black

Dbowey ) writes:
et472 posted, along with what I snipped:
"It was only as I learned more that I realized the problem was a too weak BFO."

Actually all CW receivers can demodulate SSB signals fairly well. The obverse
side of your post is much more simple; just reduce the RF gain.

Don

But the receiver had no RF gain control.

And realistically, I did fix it that way. I put a pot between the antenna
and the antenna binding post, and used that to attenuate the signals
so the BFO would be stronger. And by the time I got them weak enough
for the BFO, virtually no signals were receivable. I said it was
a horrible receiver.

Michael VE2BVW