Old June 1st 05, 09:23 AM
K4YZ

From:
on Tues 31 May 2005 15:55

wrote:

Heh heh, I've heard the particular lament of "we can't get
these (darn) kids to LISTEN to us!" for lots of generations
and have read of the same thing in books printed before I
existed. :-) It's a VERY common parental angst.

Gee, Len, since you've never actually been a parent, it sounds
like you're talking about something you've never actually done..

Gee, Quitefine, I HAVE. [too bad for you...]

A lie.

Hello? You have failure to comprehend what I wrote? Of
course you've failed. Tsk, tsk, tsk, OTHERS have written
and said for decades that "those darn kids just don't
LISTEN to us!" OTHERS have written and said that.

And you have yet to prove an example of just ONE kid that ever
violated FCC rules requiring FCC intervention.

Have you ever been a teacher of young people, Len?

An invited speaker at a couple of local "magnet" schools,
Jimmie. Went over rather well. You see, I've had some
experience speaking before groups and can "gauge" an
audience's attention while speaking. That comes from
practice. "Young people" (teen-agers to everyone else)
is just another group having different likes/dislikes
than adults.

"...speaking before groups..."

An invited speaker to an organized class presentation is NOT child
rearing.

So? You've never been a radio amateur, either.

It's very difficult for me to step down to what YOU call
"amateur radio." Been too long in grown-up commercial
radio and electronics.

Oh! It's a "step down" now...

In many other posts you've 'expressed" alleged admiration for
Amateur Radio...especially for your ham buddy best man and Gene in NJ.

Were you lying then, or lying now?

Tsk, tsk. A radio does NOT operate by different laws of
physics because some government agency designates it as
"amateur." Didn't you learn that in Ivy school?

Who, Lennie, other than you, has ever suggested otherwise in this
forum?

My argument in here is simply to eliminate the morse code test
for a radio license. I have NO desire to "tell you what to do,"
and such a thing you would never obey anyway...

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE AND AUDACIOUS LIE!

"TXT-ing" is a modern FAD amongst teeners, the ability to send
little notes to another, hardly any restrictions, and much
easier to do than the old way with actual paper. It is a FUN
social act for them, a minor rebelliousness against old strict
rules of behavior in class, in assemblies, in any area where
they were not allowed to pass paper notes back and forth. They
can "TXT" with one hand, less observable by teachers or other
adults. It is NOT a "hobby" Jimmie, it is just a thing they DO.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I see!

So...teenaagers sending messages by Morse Code is a
hobby...Teenagers sending messages by text message is "...just a thing
they do..."

Are you still beating your wife?

Are you still lying to yours?

Jimmie, TRY to realize that the real "tribe" is the entire
world of radio communications, and has been ever since 1896.
That "tribe" has DROPPED morse code in favor of other, better,
faster, more reliable communications modes for decades.

There's no "tribes" on the electromagnetic spectrum save for
licenses issued to recognized Tribal agencies by the FCC.

Even the international maritime distress and safety frequency of
500 KHz was supplanted by GMDSS by the REAL mariners themselves.

Ahem...How is this pertinent to Amateur radio?

Drop the discussion, Jimmie. You haven't "won" any sort of
argument...rather you've helped FABRICATE a non-issue.

Hey Jim...

This is Lennie's way of saying "Shut up...I'm embarraased enough
already..."

And it's rather surreal to see you lecturing and posturing on
"young'uns in Ham Radio" when it was *you* who suggested to FCC that
*no-one* below the age of 14
years be allowed to obtain *any* class of amateur radio license.

Jimmie boy, STOP bringing up that six-year-old argument which
(I perceive) you tried to use as some kind of "character flaw."
Hans Brakob floated the first argument on that in here, we
argued on it, but YOU have to keep bringing it up, bringing it
up, bringing it up. It's like you have intellectual bullemia.
If you must vomit so much please do it someplace else.

Then Lennie....

YOU stop bring up ADA...

YOU stop telling us about guys you never knew dying in a fight you
were never in...

YOU stop telling us about your alleged non-Amateur Radio related
"career" as if it were pertinent to the Morse Code issue...It's not...

YOU are NOT going to "win" OLD arguments that you didn't "win"
some time ago. Quit acting the age of that old Comment of mine
on FCC 98-143. Two little tykes of 6 years got their amateur
radio licenses (Novice and Technician) plus got their pictures
taken with a kindly, grandfatherly-looking VE who "administered"
their tests. It was on the ARRL web page news some time ago.
LET IT GO.

He's already won.

You've been discredited over and over, and your snivvelling little
"shut up I don't want to talk about it anymore" rant isn't going to
change things.

If you want things to be "let go", then YOU have to "let go" of
YOUR repetitive, insulting, demeaning behaviour here...We're just as
tired of your insults as you are of us rubbing your nose in them.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ