Old June 1st 05, 11:36 AM
KC1DI

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:00:00 -0400, Asimov
wrote:

Hi,

This is a hypothetical question, if one needs to send more power down
a line than its capacity can 2 or more lines be paralleled? Is the
equivalent characteristic impedance of the combined lines the same as
that of a single individual line?

A*s*i*m*o*v

... The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp.

The short answer is no to the question of the impedence being the same.
though the current would be halfed in each line. I'm not sure that I have
see a four wire open line in the past but if my memory is correct it fed
two dipoles not one.
73 Dave kc1di