Old June 1st 05, 03:54 PM
DX99

Great info guys! Thanks very much. Have decided to trade my auto batteries
for some gel-cell marine batteries, a local guy here will give me 2 for 3,
not a bad deal. I also have a huge solar panel setup on my roof to heat my
pool, which I dont even use. I'm new to this, would you recommend
configuring the solar panels for backup? Would that be better? More
affordable? The gel batteries would be for individual radios - ie, the BC780
and the 2006, 895, and 245. But I would also like to run backup (beyond UPS
system) for my shortwaves (R-75, R71) and 2 Dell computers, a fridge and TV.
Think I could convert enough energy for all of that from the solar pool
panels?