Old June 1st 05, 10:33 PM
Joel Kolstad

"Buck" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 00:00:58 -0500, wrote:
open the tx on the ic 706 have a all in one radio problem solve

Sure, and risk a $10,000 fine and loss of license to protect a $150
CB.

He'd be breaking the letter of the law but -- assuming he dialed the 706 back
to 5W -- not really the intent, IMO. I really can't imagine the FCC pursuing
the issue. True story: I used to live next door to a guy with a linear amp on
his CB, I called up the FCC field office, and they told me there wasn't
anything they could do. Said they had official monitoring stations that, if
they picked up the guy's transmission, they could go after him, but they just
didn't have the resources to pursue complaints from people calling in
violators. And, oh, did I want their free brochure on mitigating interference
to my own electronics?

:-(

I bet a Goldwing CB is also closer to $1k than $150!

---Joel Kolstad