Old June 2nd 05, 12:16 AM
Hal Rosser

For 60hz power lines there's no problem, and impedence isn't usually an
issue,
but since we're on an antenna group, we assume you're referring to RF
transmission line.
If you parallel 2 lines - the overall impedence halves
If you run 2 lines in series (which looks like parallel) its like having
twinlead made from coax - and the impedence is doubled.
I've used combinations of both for making matching sections.

The hand of paradise lights the birds only.
A*b*a*c*a*d*a*b*a
dadadidahdidah

"Asimov" wrote in message
Hi,

This is a hypothetical question, if one needs to send more power down
a line than its capacity can 2 or more lines be paralleled? Is the
equivalent characteristic impedance of the combined lines the same as
that of a single individual line?

A*s*i*m*o*v

... The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp.