Old June 2nd 05, 01:26 AM
John Smith

I should point out, everyone should at least know about a smith and have
used it... kinda gives you a "feel" for the way all the variables work
together... it is a good thing...

Warmest regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
Hal:

I too am lazy... I think we found one thing we agree on... a beer in
a hammock with a programmable calculator is to be preferred to a
table, straightedge and smith chart... besides, I scribble on 'em....
frown

Warmest regards,
John

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
news
Hal

It surprises me to read that you consider the Smith Chart
difficult to
use. I'd bet that you could figure out how to use one to your
benefit
within 20 minutes of asking questions of someone who uses them.

Jerry

Jerry,
You're probably right. I could probably lean how in an afternoon.
I sat down with one I printed out once, and thought I had it figured
out.
Then when I needed to use it again, I would need to be retrained.
I remember how to use an MFJ259 from use to use, though. :-)

I just don't have the patience - it just doesn't grab my attention
like a
gizmo does.