Old June 2nd 05, 01:54 AM
TJ

The cost of a CB intigrated system radio on a Honda Goldwing is around $900
US and it's made by Panisonic. As for the FCC nabbing a motorcyclist for
operating his amateur radio on CB, well even if they could track him it's
not worth the effort. AKA how many truckers are using a lot more than 5
watts and you don't see many of them being targetted by the FCC. I know
because I used my 706 on 11 meters when my Cobra went up in smoke on me on a
trip to Arizona. And would you believe the state tropper in the Port of
entry scale was more interested in my scanner than anything else. And then
only till he found out I was a licenced amateur, then he wasn't interested
at all. What he told me was that state law had no aurthority to do anything
when it came to radios if I held an amateur radio licence. He said the last
thing they want is the Feds breathing down on him for causing trouble to a
licenced amateur radio operator, regardless if he's from Canada, USA or
Mexico it's the same thing. But now watch yourself in the state of
Washington, the FCC is hot and heavy in this state, I think it has a lot to
do with the military bases on the Pacific Northwest.
I had my 706 on my old GL1200 and it worked like a charm, mind you I didn't
run full power, a motorcyle battery is no where near as hefty as a car or
truck battery and my head is a little too close to the antenna to suite me.
You do know wher the term "hothead" came from.

73.....ve7agw