Old June 2nd 05, 03:31 AM
funkbastler

Default The price of tubes on ebay

Somebody please clue me in about what's going on. A pair
of 6CA7's just went for $203. Earlier today, a pair of
6SN7's went for over $300 (I missed out on checking the final
price). I get the impression that people are collecting these,
and the color of the base, or the shape of the getter, or
*whatever* is very important (to them) in determining the value.

Can anyone really tell the difference in the way 6SN7's by
RCA/Sylvania/Dumont/etc sound in a preamp? Does a brown base
impart better tonal qualities than a black base, or is it the
other way around?

Tell me what's driving these ridiculous prices.... I may be
sitting on a gold mine here and not know it.

--
-fb-