Old June 2nd 05, 02:58 AM
Zombie

I imagine a lot of people who read that article probably feel somewhat upset
that emergency services are becoming unaccessible to the every day user.
Sure, there is a legitamate need to know whats going on around the city, but
I think the reality is that many scanner users consider these things as a
form of entertainment and manufacturers are aware of this often capitilize
on it in their advertising. I think listening to emergency services is very
interesting but i dont let my mouth salivate if some druggy does something
stupid down town.

I also notice that scanner users and and a desire for cell phone
eavesdropping seem to go hand-in-hand. I haven't listened to other ppl's
calls before, but im not going to cry about not being able to listen to cell
phones. For me, theres no business deals im interested in spying on, or
personal information im interested in taking.. I dont want to listen to some
bloke yell at his wife.Or some dumb woman driving down the road in her SUV
and baby talking to her kids. Or some horney couple exchanging sugary
compliments. Or some college management type yuppie calling a dry cleaner. I
dont like any of these people and i dont want to hear what comes out of
their mouths, and i would imagine when cell capable scanners become more
commonplace more people would agree with me that its not worth listening to.