Old June 2nd 05, 06:41 AM
DX99

Ok thanks for the info - I am in north Pasco County - the boonies above
Tampa Bay.

"Capt. Purple" wrote in message
Typically, the solar panels for the pool don't generate electricity --

that's WAY too
inefficient -- they simply heat the water which goes through them. There

are exceptions, though.

Near where in FL are you?

Capt. Purple

"DX99" wrote in message

Great info guys! Thanks very much. Have decided to trade my auto

batteries
for some gel-cell marine batteries, a local guy here will give me 2 for

3,
not a bad deal. I also have a huge solar panel setup on my roof to heat

my
pool, which I dont even use. I'm new to this, would you recommend
configuring the solar panels for backup? Would that be better? More
affordable? The gel batteries would be for individual radios - ie, the

BC780
and the 2006, 895, and 245. But I would also like to run backup (beyond

UPS
system) for my shortwaves (R-75, R71) and 2 Dell computers, a fridge and

TV.
Think I could convert enough energy for all of that from the solar pool
panels?