Old June 2nd 05, 06:54 PM
Brian Kelly

Caveat Lector wrote:
I agree with the comments already posted - tis bad form on the Ham bands --
but if you must be beeping - see URL:
http://www.bellscb.com/products/nois...Roger_Beep.htm

Several more by using Google
73 es beep

About 1973 I was tuning around 7.4 Mhz in the wee hours and heard a
bunch of very strong strong SSB stations yakking amongst themselves ham
style. They didn't identify and they didn't use personal names, they
just chatted at each other about anything and everything. Every time
one of 'em dropped the mic button there was a sharp "click" instead of
a traditional roger beep. I listened for maybe 15 minutes and decided
I'd wandered into some freebanders and dialed the FCC monitoring
facility in Laural. The FCC op tuned the freq while we were still
connected. After he listened for a few seconds he told me "That's a
U.S. Navy Atlantic Fleet shore station net, they babble for hours
somewhere around that frequency every night."

Oops.

click.

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !