Old June 2nd 05, 05:26 PM
JBO

Mr Fed UP wrote:
Does anyone have a hint on what might be binding up my Yaesu 757 GX II freq
dial.
It worked for a while from ebay purchase and then stiffened up and would not
turn to
change frequencies. The mic' buttons work ok to change frequencies, but
I am not familiar with the mechanics of the dial. I had taken the front
panel apart once
and saw no problems... put it back together and it worked ..... a while.
Any helps appreciated. email at my call arrr.net or post reply retired
and read lots of newy groups
Thanks 73 WB9SMX

It's some sort of Optical Encoder. I had the same problem with my
FT-767. It just started acting up one day. When I would turn the VFO
the frequency would only go down not up. Then, it slowly started to lock
up and get harder and harder to turn. Then it totally locked up.
I couldn't even turn the VFO with "Vise-Grips"

I took it in to a local Ham Repair Shop.
The part was only $50 and 2 hours labor. It's a fault with many
Yaesu radios. It only happens to the radios owned by us who like
to "REALLY" spin the VFO every once in a while.

73 de Dave/N2JBO "Just Being Obnoxious"