Old June 2nd 05, 08:00 PM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:36:19 -0500, Steve wrote:

Travis, and Nitespark!

Well the that sounds nice, but dont think its the fuel
pump! Did the ground strapping on monday, my day off
for the holiday, seemed to lower the noise sum, did
make 6 turns of coax (rf choke) at the end of coax before it
goes in to rig, to cut down on transmission of rf chasing
back out!

But the engine still almost dies on 75 meters, not so much
on 40. Never did try 17 meters, bands been so bad of
late i just cant get motivated to do this!
May try this weekend, and you all say would ford dealer
carry this retrofit for noise suppression on their
vehicles? Or could i order via hr on the net? I see
lots of promises but do they really work?

Instead of spinning your wheels, you could just call your Ford dealer
and get the appropos tech sheets and, if needed, parts. Then go from
there. A lot of Ford owners have had noise problems of this sort.

bob
k5qwg

Would some new coax help? some of the double shielded
stuff, RG-8 ???? with a foil wrapped on the outside of
the casing? Or could it just be this older Icom HF rig?

Now i did hear on the the newer 706's series the noise
blanker is better shape than the earlier ones?

keep posted folks, Im gonna get this sooner or later????