Old September 3rd 03, 09:42 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:19:52 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

Cecil and others, even authors of books, have said -

- - - - |rho|^2 cannot be greater than 1.0 - - - -

====================================

Would you change your minds if I describe a
reflection-coefficient bridge, which anybody can
construct, which accurately measures values of | rho |
up to its greatest possible value in transmission lines
of 2.414 There's no catch!

For some reason Dr Slick has remained silent to my
acceptance of his challenge to find such an instrument.
Perhaps he's gone away to think about it.
---
Reg, G4FGQ

Ah Reg,

(Too many, like this season's crop of presidential hopefuls, have
usurped the role of clown, sorry to demote you - but you know the
irony in that gesture, you at least gained it honestly. ;-)

No catch? You stand little chance of interest as that would imply an
end to it - what fun when the stream of debate circles endlessly
around simple issues of arithmetic gone bad?

So, in their stead and knowing that anything practical is anathema,
and that anything observed as being cut-and-paste without context is
shunned as a cheap smear, give us the works. [Here's hoping that it
adds to the bottom line of my bountiful discredit.]

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC