Old June 3rd 05, 03:02 AM
funkbastler

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:29:42 -0700, "JB" wrote:

Sounds like we're dealing with the same folks who think "monster

cable"
makes their system sound better.

It does! Particularly with higher currents. Although I never
fell for the clear insulation that acts as a magnifier and makes
the wire look much bigger. The difference between 22# and
14# is noticeable when making a side by side comparison.
Even on a car stereo. Makes a big difference with my trailer
lights too!

Well, let's not confuse monster wire with plain ol' large-gauge
wire.

Anyone have a list of these golden tubes? I just put REL 811a
set in my linear and it seems to work just fine. I have (1)ea.
new RCA JAN 811a if anyone is interested.

Dang! Was kinda lookin for one to use in a linear to hang on
the output end of my IC-703, but ended up buying an AL-811.
Now I have an L-4B I need to get rid of.

--
-fb-