Old June 3rd 05, 03:56 AM
Telamon

In article .com,
"rkhalona" wrote:

I've been a SWLer for at least 20 years, have a Ph.D. in EE, have 20+
years of experience in the telecomm industry (uwave, sats, cellular,
UWB...) and have taught grad/undergrad comm courses at various U.S.
universities.

I agree with another poster that the SW8/R8B sync. detectors are
among the best ever incorporated into SWL gear. My previous comment
about sync. doesn't mean that one cannot achieve similar signall
quality without it (e.g., using PBT, but how many portables or
low-cost tabletops have PBT these days?), but the convenience of
being able to select sidebands in sync mode is a big plus.

This news group has more than it's share of Ph.D.'s and double E's it
seems.

Where do you think the future of telecom is going? Is it going to be
mostly fiber-optic or do you think RF for the last mile to the home or
business?

Do you think Ethernet is winning over ATM?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California