Old June 3rd 05, 07:43 PM
K4YZ

John Smith wrote:
If ever in doubt why the ham numbers are driving...(SNIP)

You don't know how many nights I've sat up wondering where Amateur
numbers were "driving" to...

(UNSNIP)...drive over to a
college, ask students in the electronics engineering and technology
classes why they are not interested in getting a ham license.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...classes and working to pay for the
education...?!?!

Many will
really not even know much about--however, when they hear the part about
code, and how for all privileges you must take the code test--you lose
them...

No...

YOU will lose them...I tell them about all the great things you
can do with an Amateur License, even the NO CODE TECHNICIAN which
conveys all operating modes and 97% of all allocated frequencies...

That Morse test only applies to less than 3% of Amateur
allocations, and only if you want to operate on HF.

I am sure now there will be a lot who disagree with this--they will ALL
be over 30 and they will never ask the people who would get the
licenses--why they DON'T get the licenses...

Why should I wonder...?!?!

LOTS of people don't wear dayglo fingernail polish, eat kim-chi,
or have sex in phone booths...

But SOME do!

Nero fiddles--Rome burns...

Let me guess...YOU are the tone deaf nerd in flammable
footie-bottom PJ's asking him if he'll take requests.

Warmest regards,

Unlikely.

John

Uh huh...