Old June 3rd 05, 11:48 PM
Cecil Moore

Walter Maxwell wrote:
Sorry, Ken, knots are a no-no. DC can travel through them, but RF? Uhn Uh. The
RF gets all tied up in them and doesn't know which way to go, so the power
concentrates there and pulverizes b

oth the wire and the insulation--the knot
goes pooof! And down comes the dipole. How much did you say you paid for it?

At one place I worked in CA, we put a knot in the AC line of
our soldering irons and hung them on cup hooks on the wall when
not in use.

I was using one at a bench when a secretary asked me what the
knot was for. I told her that's how we regulate the temperature
of the iron - the tighter the knot, the fewer the electrons
getting to the heating element. Physics was not her long suit.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp