Old June 4th 05, 03:34 AM
Fred W4JLE

Need more input. How far apart are the antennas horizontally and vertically?
What filters are you using on the receiver input? I am assuming you mean
159 and 160 MHz. My first guess would be desensing, but without additional
info, it is just that.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All,

We bought a kenwood repeater TKR-750 and 2 diamond F23 antennas plus
the programming software.

Unfortunately we can't hear anything beyond one kilometer. Here are the
frequencies we are using:

TX 15900
RX 16000
TONE1413

The equipment are being used in africa in a remote location for an NGO
helping refugees I am back here in the states now.

I would appreciate any pointers from the group.

Thanks.

- Nur