Old June 4th 05, 03:02 AM
Bob Miller

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:53:16 GMT, Justín Käse
wrote:

In posted on
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:02:12 GMT, Bob Miller wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2005 09:17:03 GMT, Justín Käse
wrote:

Am considering getting the Icom PS-125 supply for a 756pro3,
are there any issues with switcher noise on the low bands with this
supply?
Currently my Alinco DM-330MVT produces some rather strong birdies on my
706mk2g in the AM broadcast band and to a lesser extent on up into 80
meters. It has a freq adjust pot that will move the noises, but the Icom
supply doesn't mention having this capability.

There's a review of that power supply at the ARRL web site for QST
product reviews, if you're a subscriber...

Thanks, not a subscriber, but maybe I can find it archived somewhere.
What did it say about the switcher noise issue, or did it address that?

The cutline under one graph of RF noise read:

"This supply exhibited low levels of broadband noise. The most
prominent peak appears between 4 and 7 Mhz."

And in the conclusion of the text:

"According to ARRL lab tests, it is at least as quiet on the HF bands
as other comparable switching power supplies on the market."

This was a Sept. 2002 review in QST.

Bob
k5qwg