Old December 22nd 03, 12:18 AM
- - Bill - -

Bob Liesenfeld wrote:
Hi gang,
What is the consensus for replacement dial cord? Any common materials
suitable or need I find the real stuff?

Tnx
Bob WB0POQ

There's some real crap replacement dial cord on the market so buying new
stuff is like buying a pig-in-a-poke. Problem is that it will flatten
out on the drive shaft if there's much tension and start to overlap
itself. Big problem in some sets.
Its hard to beat plain old dacron type fishing line. A small roll will
last you a lifetime and will probably cost less than 25 feet of iffy
replica cord.
Now that I've said that, if you'd like, email me your address and tell
me how much you need and Santa will supply it at no charge.
I'm good at QRZ.com

Bill-WX4A