Old June 4th 05, 10:08 PM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:58:33 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
For balanced line, it has a "broadband toroidal transformer" according
to the review in a 1980 QST. When I place a VOM multi-meter across the
two balanced line terminals, it shows continuity. Is that normal, or
is the balun cooked or shorted?

It's probably a 4:1 voltage balun which does exhibit
a DC short. That's actually good for cutting down on
static electricity.

Okay, Cecil, Dave, one more elementary question. My copy of the
instructions for the Murch 2000B says the following:

"Connect balanced line to connection marked Balance Line with Jumper
as indicated on back panel."

On the back panel, there's a painted line between the two balanced
line connections. Surely, they don't mean to run a jumper wire between
the two connections *while* a balanced line is attached?

It seems to tune fine without the jumper -- I'm afraid I'd blow
something up with the jumper.

Bob
k5qwg