Old June 5th 05, 01:24 AM
Cecil Moore

Bob Miller wrote:
Okay, Cecil, Dave, one more elementary question. My copy of the
instructions for the Murch 2000B says the following:

"Connect balanced line to connection marked Balance Line with Jumper
as indicated on back panel."

On the back panel, there's a painted line between the two balanced
line connections. Surely, they don't mean to run a jumper wire between
the two connections *while* a balanced line is attached?

It seems to tune fine without the jumper -- I'm afraid I'd blow
something up with the jumper.

If it's like my MFJ-949E, the balun is completely out of the
circuit until the jumper is installed. Without the jumper on
the MFJ, there would be no output at the balanced line
output terminals. Do you have a schematic?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp