Old June 5th 05, 02:53 AM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 19:24:15 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
Okay, Cecil, Dave, one more elementary question. My copy of the
instructions for the Murch 2000B says the following:

"Connect balanced line to connection marked Balance Line with Jumper
as indicated on back panel."

On the back panel, there's a painted line between the two balanced
line connections. Surely, they don't mean to run a jumper wire between
the two connections *while* a balanced line is attached?

It seems to tune fine without the jumper -- I'm afraid I'd blow
something up with the jumper.

If it's like my MFJ-949E, the balun is completely out of the
circuit until the jumper is installed. Without the jumper on
the MFJ, there would be no output at the balanced line
output terminals. Do you have a schematic?

Sorry, I don't have a schematic.

On my MFJ 989c, I have two balanced line connectors. I also have a 3rd
connector for Random Wire, and a 4th odd connector. For balanced line
operation, I install a jumper between the Random Wire and 4th
connectors.

On the Murch 2000B, there are two connectors for balanced line. And a
3rd connector for Random Wire. The directions seem to be saying put a
jumper on the balanced line connectors for balanced line operation.

"Connect any antenna with single wire feed to connection marked Random
Wire. Connect balanced line to connection marked Balanced Line with
Jumper as indicated on back panel." (and there's a painted line
between the Balanced Line connectors.)

If it's helpful, there are pictures, inside & out, of the Murch tuner
at

Bob
k5qwg