Old June 5th 05, 04:03 AM
Phil Kane

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:22:04 GMT, Aristotle wrote:

I know that most Indians speak good English, and I have no problem
with their accent. But I had one once who apparently did not
understand English. It was as if he was reading from a script and was
expecting a certain answer back. It was VERY frustrating. Perhaps if
these call centers were a little more discriminating in who they
hired.

The problem which I find most is not lack of fluency with English
(in any of its variations) but lack of fluency in the subject at
hand. How can you get assistance with a PC card driver, for
instance, when the person doesn't know (or denies) that the
particular operating system which is being used exists?

Fortunately these problems don't crop up that often for me.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane