Old June 5th 05, 10:23 PM
GeorgeF

Now all your previous complaints sound like whining. Do you want a
tuned antenna, or a gain antenna?

BOTH!?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

There is one SO-239 connector, there is one piece of wire which is 280'
in lenght. On end of the wire is connected to the center pin of the
SO-239 connector while the other end of the wire is connected to the
braid side of the SO-239. Hope that clears up the configuration questions.

No I am not choking at the feed point. I was not told about a choke by
other hams who mentioned I should give an 80 meter loop a try. Is a
choke the same as a 1:1 balun? I was told (and found it also
illistrated in print) that I could directly hook 50 ohm coax to the
feedpoint. Tell me what I need to do to choke the feedpoint.

I had seen (believe it was one of the ARRL handbooks) that this antenna
should have no SWR higher than 3:1, mine is 7+:1 so I think either I did
something wrong or am missing something. Don't think I'm whining yet....

George