Old December 24th 03, 07:46 AM
- - Bill - -

TchrMe wrote:
Happy Holidays to all on the list,
I was working on a SX-130 last night and noticed that they put a 1K resistor
in series with the Band 1 (Brdcst Bnd) on the ant section of the bandswitch.
When I shorted it out the signal strength went up. Anyone know why they put
this resistor in and made the bdcst band less sensitive? I also noticed it on
the SX-99 schematic so it was probably part of their general circuit design in
8 tube rcvrs. Thanks in advance for responding. 73 Mike KF6KXG

A guess...to lower the Q and broaden the bandwidth? Try the same test
at band extremes.

-BM