Old June 6th 05, 04:34 AM
John Plimmer

Al, the only two entries I can find in the latest Danish DX Club Tropical
Band survey a
A 4775 1 B R Congonhas, Congonhas, MG [¤ Oct-Feb] 0830-2400v P. Usually with
Evangelical px MAY05
A 4775 0,5 PRU R Tarma, Tarma, Junín W 1000-1400 2000-0400, Su 1100-1400
2000-0400 S APR05

But if I have a difficulty IDing a Brazilian station, I usually send an
audio clip to the chaps at:
www.ondascurtas.com
they are very helpful and usually manage to ID my clips without any
dificulty.
Good luck!

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Tebojockey" wrote in message
Folks, I had a great opening to Brazil the other night and got a
station on 4775, which I'm not too sure of. Horrendous static crashes
and high speed data on channel were maddening!

Anyway, this started around 0944 GMT on 4775. The announcer truly
believed in the "Power of Echo" as that effect was on constantly (or
maybe it was studio room acoustics).

Played standard Brazilian pop. Several times I heard an ID, and
several times in that ID I heard "liberal." Now, there was a Radio
Liberal out of Belem on there, but the WRTH says it's inactive. Radio
Congonhas and Radio Portal da Amazonia are also listed, but heard
nothing like that in the ID. Radio Amarela is supposedly only a
construction permit as of this date....

So.....Has anyone heard what's active on this freq? I'm hoping it's a
re-activated Radio Liberal, but I'm gonna be pragmatic in any case!

Al in CNMI