Old June 6th 05, 03:00 PM
Gene Fuller

Cecil,

I will presume that your reference to Walter Johnson is with regard to
his book, "Transmission Lines and Networks", published in 1950.

I have been unable to find any mention of Poynting Vectors or Power Flow
Vectors in my copy.

Would you be so kind as to identify the page number(s) describing these
concepts?

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore wrote:

[snip]

Roy, none of my textbook authors think the reflection model
is flawed. Walter Johnson goes so far as to assert that there
is a Poynting (Power Flow Vector) for forward power and a
separate Poynting Vector for reflected power. The sum of those
two Power Flow Vectors is the net Poynting Vector.

[snip]