Old June 6th 05, 07:10 PM
Roy Lewallen

In my third example, where does the other 10 watts of reflected power
go? If it goes to the load and back, why does it reflect off the source
resistor?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

(*) Anybody fond of the notion that reverse power "goes" somewhere or
gets dissipated in the source or re-reflected back needs to come to
grips with this problem before building further on the flawed model of
bouncing waves of flowing power.

Roy, none of my textbook authors think the reflection model
is flawed. Walter Johnson goes so far as to assert that there
is a Poynting (Power Flow Vector) for forward power and a
separate Poynting Vector for reflected power. The sum of those
two Power Flow Vectors is the net Poynting Vector.
. . .