Old June 6th 05, 07:38 PM
Roy Lewallen

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:

Cecil, You can't be serious!
This is basic stuff found in virtually any intermediate level E&M
textbook.

If you can provide me with a reference that says, wave cancellation can
cause reflection of the canceled waves, I will be eternally grateful.
I have been able to find references that imply such for light waves,
but I have not found one that comes right out and says it for either
light waves or RF waves.
. . .

I'm afraid that your difficulty in finding a reference is simply due to
its not being so.

If it is indeed so, it appears that your forthcoming QEX article will be
a seminal work, as the first published work to explicitly state that
this phenomenon indeed happens (outside of countless newsgroup postings
to that effect). Assuming you understand the physics which causes it to
happen, I'd think that a professional publication would be a much more
appropriate forum than QEX for such an important work. Have you tried
any of the IEEE publications?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL