Old June 7th 05, 03:48 AM
Smokey

We'd better all hope that shortwave continues and has a future for the sake
of getting REAL news. So-called "streaming audio" is a joke, there is
nothing "streaming" about it except the malarky coming from the mouths of
its proponents.

Satellite as well as Internet information and, yes, news, is too easy to
censor or block entirely.

God help us if we have to rely on the pathetic US broadcasters (all 3 of
them which own most media now) or satellite/Internet "technology" .In the
so-called "Cold War" days I remember hearing how the communists would go up
and down the streets with radios tuned to IF frequencies and detect what
people were listening to. If you were tuned to RFE or some banned station,
you were in trouble. Good grief...does anyone believe that Internet/digital
mediums are not being monitored or soon will be?

Smokey
Fed up with the BS

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
I am interested in the latest views on this topic.

What do you think - has shortwave got a future?

Views/links to articles would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike