Old June 7th 05, 12:32 AM
R.F. Collins

This morning I talked to a guy in Colorado for over half an hour via
shortwave (40 meter ham radio). A bit later I talked to a VK station
(Australia). I live in Michigan. I can imagine what it would cost to
make a phone call to those places. But for the price of a small amount
of electricity (and a radio of course) I was able to talk to them (via
efficient SSB). Do I think shortwave has a future? Yes I do.

Jim

On 6 Jun 2005 22:42:35 GMT, "Mike Terry"
wrote:

I am interested in the latest views on this topic.

What do you think - has shortwave got a future?

Views/links to articles would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike