Old June 7th 05, 12:40 AM
Li,Chanchun

"Andrew Oakley" wrote

They want to change this so that I pay only 2 dollars a gallon for
gas, PLUS 2p per mile to drive down empty rural roads.

Sounds like a sensible right-wing tax-cutting winner to me!

We have had toll roads here on certain interstate highways for many years.
If they expand on this concept, which is possible, they won't cut any taxes
here.

Forget about gay and lesbians and start making a herd load of babies and

you
wouldn't have an emigrant problem in Europa.

I quite agree. Wish me well with my marriage on Saturday! We're hoping
to have kids next year.

Hopefully at least three! And don't wait to long between each of them.

Us Europeans aren't all liberal urban homosexuals. Heck, dude, I live
next to a farm and have a rifle range in my back yard.

I understand. But what you hear from the media on both sides of the pond
makes you
think they are the vast majority.

That's why the new road charge proposals are good; it stops punishing
good old-fashioned country folk like me and puts the burden of gas tax
back on the urban people where it belongs.

We have vehicle license tax, fuel tax and local, state and federal taxes. A
portion of each is allocated to new road construction and maintenance. Not
to mention highway tolls extorted on certain highways as mentioned above.

Enough! Now get to it and procreate so we can have more productive, tax
paying citizens. Congratulations!