Old June 7th 05, 04:34 AM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Where's the "reverse power" going?

Since we can calculate 23 watts of constructive interference
occuring toward the load, using the conservation of energy
principle as explained by Hecht in "Optics", we can deduce
that the reflected power is engaged in destructive interference
inside the black box source. Using Dr. Best's conventions:
V1 = 32v, V2 = 18v, Vfor = 50v, Vref = 30v

Any theory that doesn't work in a circuit composed of simple elemental
electrical circuit elements is suspect to say the least. Are you saying
yours doesn't?

It works just fine. Pfor = P1 + P2 + constructive interference.
But that still looks like a Thevenin equivalent to me, you know,
the one we cannot trust for internal power calculations.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp