Old December 26th 03, 03:18 PM
Michael A. Terrell

geojunkie wrote:

"Are the good caps C-D Black Cats? Those are mylar.

Don't ever trust those pink Tiny Chiefs or Black Beauties."

This is an SX-101a that I believe is near 1962, as the knobs match
later receivers like the SX-115 and SX-117. The paper caps are pink
Tiny Chief 600v, and molded black caps that are marked only with
stripes... no lettering of any kind. I do see a "P" molded into tiny
circles on one side and a "2" in similar circles on the other side.
What brand of black caps are these? The parts list calls them both
paper caps and never mentions mylar.

I have seen the "2 in a circle" on most Sprague capacitors.
--
Merry Christmas!

Take care, and God bless.
Michael A. Terrell