Old June 8th 05, 01:36 AM
Arthur Pozner

I may sound sarcastic,but why would anyone need a Realistic DX-160?
This radio has: poor frequency resolution (main dial+amateur band
bandspread only), single conversion (awful images every 910 KHz),
undescribibly low dynamic range (was probably OK in the 50's and 60's
), single 4 KHz mechanical (!!!) IF filter (surprise), substantial
drift,especially when used in CW/SSB mode...
May I suggest a Realistic/Allied SX-190, a MUCH,MUCH better designed
and built receiver. It might seem very strange.but both -160 and
-190 came from the same manufacturer.if not mistaken. Believe it was GRE
in Japan.